|Born:||September 6, 1887, Huntsville, Alabama|
|Died:||November 12, 1978, Birmingham, Alabama|
|Buried:||Elmwood Cemetery, Birmingham, Alabama|
• Married Octavia Rebecca Otey (1890 -1982) - Ancestry.com
• Father of:
Jean born about 1916
Mary born January 22, 1917, married Offie Lou Ford Jr.; died February 20, 2008
Oliver W. Jr. born Nov. 3, 1918, married Faye, and died June 3, 2009
Edith born about 1920
Rebecca born Aug. 2, 1925, married Francis "Frank" Cater, and died May 20, 2009. - 1930 Census
• "Birmingham nursery owner and landscaper Ollie W. Fraser (born in Huntsville in 1877) developed many popular varieties of hollies, particularly of the Chinese holly group, but his greatest achievement was the identification of the red-tip photinia (Photinia x fraseri), a hardy fast-growing evergreen with attractive bright red foliage on new growth. Although rarely planted in Alabama because of a devastating foliar disease, Fraser photinia is still grown in some nurseries and shipped to more arid southwestern states, where the disease is not a major problem." - Encyclopedia of AlabamaRelated Links:
• 1930 Census - This version of the 1980 Census can be viewed only with an Ancestry.com paid subscription. (Originally found at http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=1930usfedcen&h=119547874&ti=0&indiv=try&gss=pt&ssrc=pt_t10277120_p1483309103_kpidz0q3d1483309103z0q26pgz0q3d32768z0q26pgplz0q3dpid.)
• Ancestry.com - Page owned by rikiandbart and can be viewed only with an Ancestry.com paid subscription. (Originally found at http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/10277120/person/1483309103.)
• Encyclopedia of Alabama - Article titled "Ornamental Nursery Crops Production" in the Encyclopedia of Alabama.
• HHR - Articles by David Byers and a letter by Ollie Fraser tell the story of nurseries in Madison County published in the Huntsville Historical Review, Volume 31, #1, Winter-Spring 2006, Huntsville-Madison County Historical Society. Pages 7-34.
The Following Pages Link to this Page:
• James William Fraser
• John Fraser, Jr.
• John Fraser, Sr.