President of Huntsville, 1866-1867, 1861-1865
• The title of "President of Huntsville" was used instead of "mayor" in the early years.
• Robert Wilson Coltart, was Confederate States marshal for the northern district of Alabama during the War of Secession, and after that time served as mayor of the City of Huntsville for several terms. He died in 1879. - Dictionary of Alabama BiographyRelated Links:
• Dictionary of Alabama Biography - History of Alabama and Dictionary of Alabama Biography, Volume 3, by Thomas McAdory Owen, Marie Bankhead Owen, © 1921, p. 383.
• Wikipedia (Huntsville Mayors) - List of City Presidents and Mayors
The Following Pages Link to this Page:
• Dictionary of Alabama Biography
• Samuel Coltart