|Born:||April, 1809, Laurens County, South Carolina|
|Died:||December 15, 1882, Madison County, Alabama|
|Buried:||Concord Church Cemetery|
• "The community known as Fisk grew up where Walker Creek and other streams form the West Fork of the Flint River. Several Fisks are shown in the 1850 Census, oldest of whom is Goodwin, a farmer from South Carolina." - Nilsson
• Location: Hayes Store - 1860 Census
• Married Elizabeth Floyd on 21 Dec 1833 in Madison County Alabama
Elizabeth was born 1818 in Tennessee and died 1855 in Madison County Alabama.
Children of Goodwin Fisk and Elizabeth Floyd are:
James Goodwin Fisk, b. 12 Oct 1835, Alabama, d. 18 Feb 1906, Madison County Alabama.
John Benjamin Fisk, b. Feb. 28, 1836, Madison County, Alabama, d. Oct. 2, 1911, Alabama
Sarah Fisk, b. Jan. 18, 1838, Maidson County, Alabama, d. After 1900
Frances Fisk, b. 1844, Madison County, Alabama, June 15, 1922, Huntsville, Alabama
Mary Ann Fisk, b. 1841, Madison County Alabama, d. Nov. 26, 1917, Madison County, Alabama.
Calvin Fisk, b. 1849.
Dekalb Lipscomb Fisk, b. Sept. 17, 1854, Madison County Alabama, d. May 14, 1930, Combes Cemetery, Combes, Cameron County, Texas.
Married Mary Elizabeth Bevil (sometimes spelled "Bevel") on 06 Jan 1856 in Madison County Alabama, J P, daughter of William and Sally Bevil.
Mary Elizabeth was the daughter of William & Sally Bevil. She was born Dec. 21 in Tennessee and died in Madison Co., Alabama.
Children of Goodwin Fisk and Mary Elizabeth Bevil are:
Edward William "Win" Fisk, b. Dec. 1, 1858 Madison County, Alabama, d. Dec. 30, 1907, Madison Coounty, Alabama
George Joseph Fisk, b. April, 15, 1861, Alabama, d. June 26, 1914, Limestone County, Alabama.
Ellen Virgin Fisk, b. 1864, Alabama.
Charles Samuel Fisk, b. July 15, 1865, Madison County, Alabama, d. Oct. 4, 1928, Lauderdale County, Alabama - Genealogy.com & Ancestry.com 1 & 2 (combined information)
• Son of Tabitha Goodwin (1778-1867) and James Benjamin Fisk (1779-1838) - Ancestry.com
• There is one Fisk family genealogist that claims the man born in 1809 was named "Godwin Fisk" not "James Goodwin Fisk" and his son born in 1835 is the only one named "James Goodwin Fisk" - Editor's NoteRelated Links:
• 1860 Census - This connection to the 1860 Census for Madison County cannot be viewed without an Ancestry.com paid subscription. (Originally found at http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?ti=0&indiv=try&db=1860usfedcenancestry&h=11878203.)
• Ancestry.com - Page owned by abwheeler1 and can be viewed only with an Ancestry.com paid subscription. (Originally found at http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/6645685/person/6077708814.)
• Genealogy.com - Family Tree created by Jerry W. Fisk of Corpus Christi, TX
• New Market FD - Record of the 1850 Census in Memories and History of New Market, AL, Volume II, by New Market Volunteer Fire Department, 1989, page 118.
• Nilsson - Why Is It Named That?, by Dex Nilsson, 2005, page 209.
• Son's grave - Find A Grave page for his son has biographical information for Goodwin also. This page was created by Glenda Wheeler.
The Following Pages Link to this Page:
• Benjamin Fisk (1829)
• Dekalb Lipscomb Fisk
• James Benjamin Fisk (1779)
• James Goodwin Fisk (1835)
• John Benjamin Fisk