|Born:||Oct. 15, 1855, Madison Co., Alabama|
|Died:||April 28, 1931, Madison County, AL|
|Buried:||Esslinger Cemetery, In Berkley, Madison County, AL|
• County commissioner, 1884-1888 - Record
• Married Susan Tanquilla Haden (born October1859) on October 23, 1879 in Madison County, Alabama by Rev. M.L. Whitten. She was the daughter of Horatio Hughes Haden and Tanquilla "Jennie" Jenkins. - Heritage
• Father of:
1. Leila "Lela" ESSLINGER was born in December 1880 in Madison County, Alabama and died Oct. 9, 1919
2. William Hosmer ESSLINGER was born in July 1888 in Madison County, Alabama.
3. James Norment ESSLINGER was born in November 1890 in Madison County, Alabama.
4. Hermon Tate ESSLINGER was born in January 1893 in Madison County, Alabama.
5. Joshua "Josh" Jennings ESSLINGER was born in September 1895 in Madison County, Alabama.
6. Oliver Marvin ESSLINGER926 was born on 12 February 1899 in Madison County, Alabama. He died on 17 November 1987 at the age of 88 in Madison County, Alabama, Oliver was married twice - to Bessie Catherine Sherrill and (2) Alma Ruth McWhorter - Heritage
• Died at the age of 73. - Old Huntsville Cemeteries
• Last name sometimes spelled Eslinger (with only one "s") - Editor's Note
• In January 24, 1930 Gurley News said: "O. M. Esslinger and Mrs. B. F. Esslinger motored to Huntsville on Tuesday." Things were obviously different then. Gurley must have seemed far away from Huntsville and trips to the city were rare. AND "motoring" was a treat. - Gurley News
• Includes a note about an October 23, 1929 Golden Wedding Anniversary. - Huntsville Daily Times
• "Funeral services were held this afternoon for Benjamin Franklin ESSLINGER, 77, prominent Madison County farmer and resident of the Gurley community, who died suddenly during the night of April 28, at Chestnut Grove Church, with Rev. W. H. PETTUS officiating. Interment was made in the cemetery there, W. H. PETTUS officiating. Interment was made in the cemetery there with Womack in charge of arrangements. Surviving are his wife, who was Miss Susan T. HADEN, and the following sons; Marvin ESSLINGER, of Gurley; John Tate ESSLINGER, of Arizona; Hossmer ESSLINGER, of Florence, and James Norman ESSLINGER, who is teaching at Flat Rock School, where he is principal. There was a daughter, Mrs. Leila Esslinger HALL, whose death occurred in Guntersville in 1919, and a son, John M. ESSLINGER, who died several years ago in Florence. He is also survived by three brothers, W. W. ESSLINGER and T. R. ESSLINGER of Huntsville, and J. C. ESSLINGER of Gurley. There are also numerous nieces and nephews, and other descendants." - Huntsville TimesRelated Links:
• Ancestry.com - Genealogical information created by Gayl Miller Alexander (behind membership fee wall.) (Originally found at http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/12727771/person/714287298.)
• Eslinger.org - Family blog (Originally found at http://www.eslinger.org/Home_Page.html.)
• Gurley News - Mrs. B.F. Esslinger mentioned here
• Heritage - The Heritage of Madison County, AL by Madison County Heritage Book Committee, submitted by the grandchildren of Benjamin Franklin Esslinger printed in 1998, p. 180-1. His decedents are listed here.
• Huntsville Daily Times - Mentions Mr. and Mrs. B. F. Esslinger
• Huntsville Times - Obituary May 1, 1931 (Originally found at http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~dcglover/bfesslinger.htm.)
• Old Huntsville Cemeteries - Cemetery Data, including directions to the cemetery (Originally found at http://www.oldhuntsville.com/Cemeteries/Esslinger/EsslingerDetail.asp?id=73&pageno=4.)
• Record - A Dream Come True: The Story of Madison County and Incidentally of Alabama and the United States, Volume 1, by James Record, © 1970, page 159 and Volume 2, page 62.
• Roots Web - Genealogical information. (Originally found at http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~katy/haden/b9525.html.)
The Following Pages Link to this Page:
• Andrew Esslinger (b1787)
• Andrew Jackson Esslinger (b1844)
• Elizabeth Wright Esslinger
• William Wright Esslinger