Director, Huntsville Public LibraryNotes:
• This book about the history of Gadsden Alabama's Public Library describes Covey's role in raising community support for remediating the problems and expanding the services. Chapter two (pages 29-36) focuses on the years (1956-1960) Covey served in the Gadsden Public Library. Included are many photos. - Gadsden
• "Richard J. Covey came to Gadsden form Oklahoma, where he was the library director in Muskogee. His Bachelor of Science degrees in library and government were from the University of Oklahoma." He left Gadsden to serve as director of the Huntsville City Public Library. "Later in life, Covey worked for the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C." - Gadsden
• Covey's wife's first name was Helen - GadsdenRelated Links:
• Gadsden - Gadsden Public Library: 100 Years of Service by Library History Committee, © 2008. Chapter two (pages 29-36) focuses on the years (1956-1960) Covey served in the Gadsden Public Library.
• Huntsville Madison County Public Library - Photo and caption (Originally found at http://digitalarchives.hmcpl.org/cdm4/item_viewer.php?CISOROOT=/p15431coll1&CISOPTR=81&CISOBOX=1&REC=6.)