|Born:||August 17, 1958, Huntsville, AL|
• Played Center - Auburn Tigers
• Height: 6-9 - Auburn Tigers
• "Named to the United Press International All-SEC third-team as a sophomore in 1978-79 after averaging 15.9 points and 9.3 rebounds while shooting 48.9 percent from the field ... his 9.3 rebounds per game ranked fourth in the SEC ... finished 20 points shy of the 1,000-point club ... had double-doubles in 10 of Auburn's first 11 games as a sophomore in 19789-79 ... scored a career-high 27 points vs. both Georgia and Southwestern Louisiana as a sophomore ... Auburn beat Southwestern Louisiana 83-82 in the season-opener on a three-point play by Cattage with :02 left ... Named to the Big Sun All-Tournament team as a sophomore with 22 points and 13 rebounds vs. Oklahoma and 19 points and 10 boards vs. Navy as the Tigers won the tournament ... 18 points and 15 rebounds vs. Florida State in the second game of the 1978-79 season ... 18 points and 11 boards vs. Florida and then 24 points and 11 rebounds vs. the Gators ... 13 points and a career-high 16 rebounds vs. Vanderbilt ... 17 points and 12 rebounds vs. Alabama ... 23 points and eight rebounds vs. Kentucky ... had 21 points in the longest game in SEC Tournament history in Auburn's 1979 four overtime 95-91 victory over Georgia and scored what proved to be the winning basket with 1:06 left in the game ... prior to his junior season, spent 59 days in intensive care in Lee County Hospital following an infection from an April surgery for a ruptured appendix and lost over 70 pounds ... averaged 9.4 points and 6.2 rebounds in his Tiger career." - Auburn Tigers
• He played high school basketball for J.O. Johnson High School in Huntsville, Alabama. - Wikipedia
• He played collegiately for the Auburn University (1977-1981). - Wikipedia
• He was selected by the Utah Jazz in the 8th round (165th pick overall) of the 1981 NBA Draft.
He played for the Jazz (1981-82) and New Jersey Nets (1985-86) in the NBA for 78 games.
In his only season with the Nets he earned a reported salary of $75,000.
He played for several teams in the Continental Basketball Association, including the Billings Volcanoes. - WikipediaRelated Links:
• Auburn Tigers - Photo and details of his Auburn performance (Originally found at http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/aub-centennial.html.)
• Basketball Reference.com - Stats
• NBA - Stats (Originally found at http://www.nba.com/historical/playerfile/index.html?player=bobby_cattage.)
• Wikipedia - Info