• First full time Rabbi for B'nai Sholom
• "The B'nai Sholom congregation hired Rabbi A.M Bloch of Port Gibson, Mississippi in November of 1892." His tenure lasted less than a year due to congregants' disapproval of his sermons, which they found to be 'distasteful to the entire membership of the congregation.' Apparently, Bloch was very critical of members who did not attend services, and singled them out personally during his sermons." - Encyclopedia of Southern Jewish CommunitiesRelated Links:
• Encyclopedia of Southern Jewish Communities - The Goldring/Woldenberg Institute of Southern Jewish Life (ISJL), Encyclopedia of Southern Jewish Communities - Page related to Huntsville.