Civil War Soldier
|Died:||June 27, 1862, Gaines Mill, VA|
|Buried:||Maple Hill Cemetery, Huntsville, AL|
• Co. I, 4 Alabama Infantry Regiment. KIA.
• Killed at the Battle of Gaines Mill, CSA.
• There was a William Acklen (middle initial a K., a R. or an H. - old manuscript hard to read) wounded, 1st Manassas Huntsville "I" Roll (private). This date preceeds his death date, so he was likely wounded at Manassas and killed at Gaines Mill. - Muster RollsRelated Links:
• Find a Grave, Huntsville, AL - Created by Graveaddiction. (One of two tomb stones bearing his name: Maple Hill Cemetery, Huntsville, AL.)
• Find a Grave, Virginia - Created by Scott Hutchison (One of two tomb stones bearing his name: Hollywoood Cemetery, Richmond City Virginia, USA)
• Muster Rolls - Muster rolls, 4th Alabama Infantry Regiment (Originally found at http://history-sites.com/kjones/4imstr.html.)
The Following Pages Link to this Page:
• Theodore Acklen
• William Hunt Acklen