• Listed as 1883 "City Election Registrar" the office was "First created in 1873, the position of Registrar of elections in Huntsville consisted of one person being chosen by the City Council from each ward to aid in getting people registered to vote in each ward. The system continued until superseded by the County Board of Registrars in 1908." - Record
• Lawyer, age 31, living in his father's house. (He was listed as a Dry Goods Clerk in the 1870 Census) - 1880 CensusRelated Links:
• 1880 Census - This version of the census can be viewed only with an Ancestry.com paid subscription. (Originally found at http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=1880usfedcen&indiv=try&h=5530460.)
• Record - A Dream Come True: The Story of Madison County and Incidentally of Alabama and the United States, Volume II, by James Record, 1978, page 408.
• RootsWeb - Page created by "cassie" focusing on Brittian Franks, but with references to William J. Franks.
The Following Pages Link to this Page:
• Brittain Franks