Captain in the Famous Virginia Militia, the Richmond Blues
|Born:||Dec. 19, 1789, Chesterfield Co., VA|
|Died:||Feb. 22, 1833, Huntsville, AL|
|Buried:||Maple Hill Cemetery, Huntsville, AL|
• Tombstone reads: "Of unblemished reputation, just in principle and liberal in feeling, he was emphatically a worthy citizen and a honest man. Long will his friends and acquaintances cherish his memory and his bereaved family weep over his tomb." - Maple Hill
• Captain in the famous Virginia Militia, the Richmond Blues.Related Links:
• About Huntsville - "The Spirit of Christmas Past" Home Tour & Luminaries by Jean Brandau - Tells of the past residences of this home.
• Maple Hill - Maple Hill Cemetery, Phase One, by Robey, Johnson, Jones and Roberts, The Huntsville-Madison County Historical Society, © 1995, p. 7.
• Virginia Historical Society - Abstract for Richmond Light Infantry Blues Records, 1871-1980, holding more than 4,000 items. (Originally found at http://www.vahistorical.org/arvfind/rlib.htm.)
The Following Pages Link to this Page:
• 518 Adams Street SE
• Maple Hill