From Deep South Jewish Voice
Cora Barley Binford & Margaret Anne Goldsmith (from Catalogue)
A Portrait of Margaret Anne Goldsmith by Maurce Grosser Circa 1947 (from Catalogue)
|Born:||October 6, 1941, Huntsville, AL|
|Childhood Residence:||206 Gates Avenue SE|
|Childhood Residence:||Hotel Russel Erskine|
|Office:||The I. Schiffman Building|
|Daughter of:||Lawrence B. Goldsmith, Jr. (b1909)|
|Granddaughter of:||Annie Schiffman Goldsmith|
|Granddaughter of:||Lawrence B. Goldsmith, Sr. (b1883)|
|Great Granddaughter of:||Bettie Herstein Schiffman|
|Great Granddaughter of:||Isaac Schiffman|
|Great Granddaughter of:||Betty Bernstein Goldsmith|
|Great Granddaughter of:||Oscar Goldsmith|
• 206 Gates - Article titled "The Bernstein House: A Case Study" by Margaret Anne Goldsmith Hanaw for Historic Huntsville Quarterly, Vol. XXII, #4, Winter, 1996, Historic Huntsville Foundation, pages 200 - 278.
• 5 Generations - Article titled "5 Generations of Life: 'My Family and the Huntsville, Alabama Jewish community' 1852-1983" by Margaret Anne Goldsmith Hanaw for Huntsville Historical Review, Volume 12, #3 & #4, Jul-82, Huntsville-Madison County Historical Society. The entire volume is connected to this family.
• About.com: Monte Sano Home - 2003 Monte Sano Tour of Homes (Originally found at http://huntsville.about.com/library/bl2003montesanohomes4.htm.)
• About.com: Schiffman Building - She owns the Schiffman building and renovated it in 1998. She was awarded a Historic Preservation Award from the Historic Huntsville Foundation. (Originally found at http://huntsville.about.com/library/blvirtualhomes3.htm.)
• Catalogue - The Bernstein, Herstein, Schiffman and Goldsmith Collection: A Catalogue by Margaret Anne Goldsmith, 2014 draft.
• Come Home to Huntsville - Article about the Goldsmith-Schiffman Elementary School Land donated by Margaret Anne Goldsmith's family (Originally found at http://comehometohuntsville.wordpress.com/2011/01/15/new-school-in-hampton-covebig-cove-area-now-if-they-can-just-remember-how-to-spell-its-name/.)
• Deep South Jewish Voice - Article - Honored by the National Conference of Community and Justice at its North Alabama Brotherhood and Sisterhood Awards Dinner.
• Eden - Eden of the South: A Chronology of Huntsville, Alabama, 1805-2005, by Raneé G. Pruitt, Editor, 2005, page 250.
• Encyclopedia of Southern Jewish Communities - Page related to Huntsville
• Genealogy.com - Lineage
• Hotel - Entire Quarterly dedicated to The Russell Erskine Hotel in the Historic Huntsville Quarterly, Vol. XXX, #3-4, Fall-Winter, 2004, Historic Huntsville Foundation. Oscar Goldstein, Lawrence B. Goldstein Sr., Lawrence B. Goldstein Jr. played large roles in the hotel. Especially interesting is an account of Margaret Anne Goldsmith as she shares her childhood memories of her time living there (pages 45 - 54).
• Poem - "288 Sutton Road" a Poem by Margaret Anne Goldsmith Hanaw with pictures for Historic Huntsville Quarterly, Vol. XXII, #2, Summer, 1996, Historic Huntsville Foundation, pages 100-109.
• SanctuaryArtists.Net - Website explaining the Sanctuary. (Originally found at http://www.sanctuaryartists.net/SANCTUARY%2001%20MEMBER%20PAGES%20(html)/MemberGoldsmithMargaretAnne/GoldsmithMargaretAnne.htm.)
• Schiffman Ancestors - Article by Margaret Anne Goldsmith Hanaw titled "The Spirits of My Ancestors Are in Loving Hands" describing her 1994 trip to Hoppstadten Germany, the ancestral home of the Schiffman family of Huntsville, in Historic Huntsville Quarterly, Vol. XX, #4, Winter, 1994, Historic Huntsville Foundation, pages 207 - 222.
• YouTube - A short documentary about the history behind the Goldsmith-Schiffman Wildlife Sanctuary and the Goldsmith-Schiffman family's generous contributions to the Huntsville area.