Person:Dr. Abraham Feinstein
Dr. Abraham Feinstein
Photo by Joy Effron (from Chattanooga)
|Born:||September 27, 1891, Russia|
|Died:||July 22, 1986|
|Buried:||Mizpah Congregation Cemetery, Chattanooga, Tennessee|
• From 1966 until 1969 Rabbi Feinstein served the needs of the Temple in Huntsville. - Kirshtein & Marks
• He commuted to Huntsville from the Mizaph Congregation in Chattanooga. - Kirshtein & Marks
• Dr. Feinstein was known for his long association with the Chattanooga community. - Chattanooga
• His wife was Lillain (Brown) and they had one daughter, Dee (Mrs. Herman Shacter), and two grandsons, Jeffrey and Arnie Berman. - Chattanooga
• In 1955, his peers at the Hebrew Union College in Cincinnati, Ohio, bestowed on him the honorary degree of Doctor of Divinity. - Chattanooga
• Tomb Stone inscription reads "To do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy god" - Find A Grave
• 1940 Census - Found on Ancestry.com and requires a paid subscription to view.
• Chattanooga - Jewish Community of Chattanooga by Joy Effron Abelson Adams, 1999, page 16.
• Find A Grave - Page created by Randy Adams for Find A Grave
• Kirshtein & Marks - Article titled "In Retrospect: One Hundred Years of Reform Judaism in Huntsville" by Mrs. Doris Kirshtein and Marsha Kass Marks in Huntsville Historical Review, Volume 5, #4, Oct-75, Huntsville-Madison County Historical Society
• MoMA - A photograph by Rosalind Fox Solomon of Rabbi Feinstein and his wife Lillian is archived in the Modern Museum of Modern Art in NYC.