Place:707 Beirne Avenue NE

From HHC
Jump to: navigation, search
HHHouse2.png   
District: Five Points
Built: ???
Style: ???
Sign: ???

The property initially was owned by T.W. Pratt, and the house was built in 1923 by Harry F. Latham and his wife Lucy L. Latham. Harry was a cotton farmer with roughly 100 acres of farmland off Moors Mill Road at the time the house was built. The Latham's were actively involved in the community as well as in the Holmes Street Methodist Church. Also, a long-term resident by the name of Katherine M. Cooke lived in the home from 1951-1988 and was a beloved school teacher for over 30 years in the Huntsville Community. - Submitted by Shawn Hays

Personal tools