Place:605 Clinton Avenue E
East Clinton School. "Site of Green Academy. Charterered in 1812. Leading educational institution. Long prominent in training leaders in North Alabama. Occupied by Federal troops, 1862. Buildings burned, 1864. Site of city schools since 1882. Location used only for school purposes." - Alabama Historical Association marker.
• Old Town Survey - Description of 605 Clinton Avenue in the Old Town Historic Register Application, Section 7, Page 15