Place:205 Lowe Avenue SE

From HHC
Jump to: navigation, search
HHHouse2.png   
District: Twickenham
Built: c, 1885
Style: ???
Sign: John Van Valkenburgh 1885

205 Lowe Avenue. Originally at West side of Franklin Street between Gates & Williams. Moved 1973 to Lowe Avenue to save from demolition for a driveway to the new bank at NE corder of Madison & Williams. Moved by Huntsville Women's Clubs Federation. total moving & renovation cost +/-$67,000. J & H Arch. (H. Jones) donated services & precipitated the idea to save it, in a talk to Woman's Club Group. Showed slide of this house "About to be demolished for driveway." (HJAC - '97)

Personal tools