• Record lists early settlers showing up on squatter's lists, tax records, etc in Madison County. Jessey and Joseph are the first recorded Evans males on record in 1808. Two others, Thomas and William, are found on records dating 1811. - Record
• William was a trustee for Green Academy when its charter was granted by act of the Mississippi territorial Legislature, on November 25, 1812. - Betts
• Captain William Evans' Company for the War of 1812 from Madison county. 16th Regiment (Lieutenant Colonel Charles Burrus') of the Mississippi Militia (The 16th regiment was mustered in Madison County, and it reads like a who's who of early settlers of Northern Madison County.) - Early Settlement
• Betts - Early History of Huntsville Alabama, 1804 to 1870 , by Edward Chambers Betts, © 1916, p. 38-9.
• Early Settlement - A History of Early Settlement: Madison County Before Statehood,1808-1819, published by The Huntsville-Madison County Historical Society, © 2008, p. 147.
• Record - A Dream Come True: The Story of Madison County and Incidentally of Alabama and the United States, Volume 2, by James Record, printed in 1978, p. 522.