Person:Sonnie Hereford, III
Sonnie Hereford, III
Dr. Sonnie Hereford III and Sonnie Hereford IV walk down 5th Avenue (Governors Drive) from 5th Avenue School. Governor Wallace had kept the schools closed on that day rather than allow them to be integrated. (from Radio Netherlands Worldwide)
|Born:||January 7, 1931, Huntsville, AL|
|Husband of:||Martha Ann Hereford|
|Father of:||Sonnie Hereford, IV|
• Childred of Sonnie (III) and Martha Ann Hereford include Kimela, Lee Valerie, Linda, Martha Jacqueline, Brenda and Sonnie (IV).
• Sonnie (III) is the son of Jannie Burwell and Sonnie (II) Hereford.
• The movie, "A Civil Rights Journey," by Sonnie Hereford is based on footage he shot of the local actions to bring about integration in Huntsville. A copy can be purchased at Expansion Books in Huntsville. - Expansion Books
• Amazon - To buy his book "Beside Troubled Waters" from Amazon
• Expansion Books - Buy the movie, "A Civil Rights Journey," here.
• Huntsville Times - Article from December 29, 2010
• Radio Netherlands Worldwide - Great 18 minute audio interview with photos
• Teaching Tolerance - Hereford's films have recently been included in a larger documentary "Mighty Times: The Children's March," an Academy Award-winner in the Documentary Short Subject category.
• YouTube - WHCAA Tribute video
The Following Pages Link to this Page:
• Martha Ann Hereford
• Sonnie Hereford, IV