|Born:||January 7, 1795, Baltimore,Maryland|
|Died:||Febuary 21, 1864, Perry County, AL|
|Residence:||600 Adams Street SE|
|Father of:||Mary Anne Cruse||- Mary Anne Cruse|
|Father of:||Samuel Ridgely Cruse||- Samuel Ridgely Cruse|
• The title of "President of Huntsville" was used instead of "mayor" in the early years.
• Secretary and Treasurer of the Eastern Division of the Memphis & Charleston Railroad, and, when the Eastern and Western Divisions were consolidated, was elected Secretary and Treasurer of the whole line, and removed to the headquarters at Memphis. - Newspaper Abstracts
• "In his last will and testament he says, 'should my said wife Harriet Maria Cruse marry again, then I bequeath her portion of my said Estate Real and Personal hereby bequeathed to her to be divided equally among my above named five children. I insert this provision only to guard my wife from the designs of unprincipled men, who, when her faculties may become impaired by age, may for the sake of her property induce her to think that she will benefit herself and children by the choice of another protector.'" - Gen forum
• Children: Mary Ann Cruse, Samuel Ridgley Cruse, Helen Maria Percy Cruse, William Henry Cruse, and Harriet Coleman Cruse
• Head of the land of the Federal Land Office in Huntsville.
• Samuel Cruse built his "house in 1825 on a lot he purchased in 1819 when Alabama became a state. The home still stands at the corner of Adams Ave. and Cruse Alley." - Huntsville-Madison County Public Library
• Married Harriet Maria Coleman
• Son of Jacob Cruse and Mary Hoffman of Baltimore. Addition posted by Allan Ross1 and the research was done by the Maryland Geneological Socity. - Ancestry.com
• Ancestry.com - Page owned by cullenconly and requires Ancestry.com membership to view.
• Gen forum - Posted by Nancy Shire, March 27, 2002.
• Huntsville-Madison County Public Library - Photo and caption of residence at 600 Adams Street SE
• Newspaper Abstracts - He is mentioned in his son's obituary, January 31, 1883.
The Following Pages Link to this Page:
• 600 Adams Street SE
• Mary Anne Cruse
• Samuel Ridgely Cruse