Person:Robert Lee Eslick
Robert Lee Eslick
|Born:||Sept 16, 1909, Fayetteville, Tennessee|
|Died:||Dec. 24, 1977, Huntsville, AL|
|Buried:||Maple Hill Cemetery, Huntsville, AL|
|Brother of:||Harvey Hoots Eslick|
• Alderman, Ward three, 1952-6, page 364 - Record
• City Councilman; Alabama House of Representatives Legislator, 1951-1957; First Legislator to take public stand to take Probate Judge and Sheriff off fee system. - Record
• Robert was on the City Council when the established the Gas Utility Board and the Waterworks Utility Board. - HHR
• Advisory Board Industrial Relations, 1968; Agricultural Center Board, 1955. - Record
• Married Willa Reise Moon Eslick (Mrs. Robert L. Eslick), known as "Sweetie" to her friends. They were married January 4, 1946. - First Baptist Church
• Son of William O Eslick (1877 - 1932) and Beulah Hoots Eslick (1883 - 1940) - Find a Grave
• Ancestry.com - Genealogical and biographical information posted by midgelemke. (behind membership fee wall)
• Find a Grave - Information provided by Joyce Mize Worsham on July 24, 2010
• First Baptist Church - First Baptist Church of Huntsville, Alabama: The First 175 Years: 1809 - 1984, by Mildred Burden Bobo and Catherine Ryan Johnson, © 1985, p. 377-8.
• HHR - "Origins of Huntsville's Waterworks Utility Board" by Patrick McCauley, The Huntsville Historical Review, Volume 25, #1, Winter-Spring 1998, p. 12.
• Record - A Dream Come True: The Story of Madison County and Incidentally of Alabama and the United States, Volume 2, by James Record, © 1978, p. 670.
The Following Pages Link to this Page:
• Harvey Hoots Eslick