Person:Marianne Roper Ford
Marianne Roper Ford
|Died:||1872, Madison County, Alabama|
|Buried:||Maybe Ford Cemetery, Madison Country, Alabama|
|Wife of:||John Ford (1788)|
• Marianne Roper married Jorn Ford June 24, 1823. She was the daughter of Capt. James and Mary Simms Roper who were originally from Cumberland Co., VA. - Ford Cemetery
• Married John Ford June 23, 1823 in Madison County, AL. On the marriage record she is listed as Mariah Anne Roper. (Sometimes the marriage dates are for the marriage license, not the actual wedding.) - MCRC
• Census taken Nov. 22, 1850 listing John and Marianna's children
All these children were born in Alabama and the first number after each name (below) is that person's age at the time of the 1850 Census. John, her husband, is not listed in this census because he had died one year ealier:
Missouri W. 21 married Wm. J. McCalley 5-15-1877 (buried Maple Hill Cem.)
Lucilla A. 19 married W. H. Johnson 9-11-1851
Marianna G. 17 married Wm. H. Lanier 5-16-1853
Laura P. 15 married Burrell C. Lanier 5-26-1853
John 9 married Lucy J. Jones 12-17-1874
Wm. B.R. married Mollie Tate
Robert F. R. 4 died young
Children not listed in the census because they had moved from their childhood home or claimed an early death:
Virginia E married John A. Lile
Fulton R. Ford - July 1, 1847-November 4, 1864
Helen (died aged 3)
Mary A. E. married Geo. M. Harris May 6, 1952 - 1950 Census
• Pardons were vetted and offered to people from The South after the Civil War.
Information from the 1860 US Census Population and Slave Schedules.
Name: Mrs. Marianne Ford
Place and Date of Birth: VA, 1806
Value of real estate in thousands of dollars: 35
Value of Personal Property in thousands of dollars: 45
Number of Slaves: 69
Date of Pardon: Dec, 23, 1865 - Shapiro
• Cemetery Location: Section 32-2-1E-NE SE. Off Moores Mill Road in a small plot directly behind a new, modern ranch-style home. - Ford Cemetery
• If Marianne is buried at Ford Cemetery in Madison County, AL, she does not have a tombstone. - Ford Cemetery
• 1950 Census - Can be viewed only with an Ancestry.com paid subscription.
• Ancestry.com - Page owned by mattandpenny and viewed only with a paid Ancestry.com subscription.
• Ford Cemetery - Notes can be viewed only with a paid Ancestry.com paid subscription
• MCRC - Madison County Records Center, Marriage
• Shapiro - Article titled "The Pardons of Madison County" by Norman M. Shapiro for the Huntsville Historical Review, Volume 22, #1, Jan-95, Huntsville-Madison County Historical Society, page 9.
The Following Pages Link to this Page:
• John Ford (1788)