Person:Larry W. Fullerton
Larry W. Fullerton
• Winner of the 2010 Popular Mechanics Breakthrough Award for his research leading to "programmable" magnets.
• "People look at magnets as having a north pole and a south pole. That limits your thinking," he says. "I came along from the field of radar and said, "Hey, that's not a magnet, it's a vector field!" Larry Fullerton quote in "Multipolar Magnets - Breakthrough Award Innovator" - Popular Mechanics - Popular Mechanics
• Discover - Describes the Radio transmission discovery/invention
• engology.com - Article
• faqs.org - Patent application for "Method and Apparatus for Generating Rf Waveforms Having Aggregate Energy with Desired Spectral Characteristics"
• fastcompany.com - On the "Fast Company" most creative people list, with profile (Below Lady Gaga, but still)
• FreePatentsOnline - Patient application for: "Correlated Magnetic Container and Method for Using the Correlated Magnetic Container"
• FreshPatents - Patient application for "Magnetic force profile system using coded magnet structures"
• Huntsville Newswire - Article about the Popular Mechanics Award for the programmable magnets
• Huntsville Times - Huntsville Times article about the programmable magnet. Nice photo here too.
• Moritz - Article titled "Larry W. Fullerton: World Class Innovator" by Gwen Moritz for Arkansas Business, April 15, 2002.
• Patentdocs - Abstracts for his patents
• Popular Mechanics - Article
• Wikipedia - Bio