|Born:||September 7, 1877, Huntsville, Madison County, AL|
|Died:||Jan. 28, 1953, New York, New York|
|Buried:||All Souls Cemetery, Pleasantville, NY|
The Following Pages Link to this Page:
• "LeVert Coleman, captain of coast artillery at Fortress Monroe, attended the Lycee of St. Etienne, France, and the Military Academy of Huntsville, was graduated with honor from the Alabama Polytechnic Institute, and from West Point, 1899, seventh in a class of seventy-two." He was sent as military attaché to Brazil in 1912, was military aid to the Brazilian Minister during his stay in the United States, 1913, was sent abroad on the 'Tennessee,' 1914" - Alabama Biography
• Son of Daniel Coleman & Claude LeVert Coleman; Children: Daniel Coleman (both his father and his son are named Daniel Coleman) - Boddie
• In company with a lieutenant, he had charge of dynamiting buildings in an attempt to stop the fires in San Francisco following the 1906 earthquake. - USGS
• Served on the staff of General John Joseph Pershing in the Philippines during the uprising and in Brazil as military attaché before World War I. - Find a Grave
• "After his retirement from the Army on 31 Dec 1922, LeVert was active in business and continued to travel throughout Europe." - Find a Grave
• Served in France during World War I - Find a Grave
• He was decorated as the commander of the French Legion of Honor and a Knight of the British Order of St. Michael and St. George. - Find a Grave & Boddie
• Married: (1 ) On Feb. 25, 1902 LeVert married Mary Louise "Mamie" Fletcher Coleman (Aug. 1, 1876, Huntsville, AL - Dec. 2, 1939, Huntsville, AL, buried Maple Hill Cemetery, Huntsville, AL), daughter of Hon. Algernon Sidney Fletcher of Huntsville, AL. The wedding was held at the home of General S. H. Moore and Rev. J. M. Banister officiated. She often accompanied him on his postings around the world. Their marriage ended in a divorce about 1919. (2) Catherine (Katherine) Augusta Brull (Bruelle) Born Febuary 19, 1893 and died Febuary 4, 1967. - Find a Grave, Boddie, Ancestry.com
• Ancestry.com - This page is owned by Burgess Donnelly and requires Ancestry.com membership to view.
• Alabama Biography - History of Alabama and Dictionary of Alabama Biography, Volume 3 by Thomas McAdory Owen, Marie Bankhead Owen, © 1921, p. 373-4. LeVert's bio is included in his father's (Daniel Coleman's) bio.
• Boddie - Virginia Historical Genealogies by John Bennett Boddie, © 1954, p. 43.
• Find a Grave - Photo, biographical information, career information and clippings posted to Find a Grave by TravelinAnn.
• Record - A Dream Come True: The Story of Madison County and Incidentally of Alabama and the United States, Volume 1, by James Record, © 1970, p. 337
• USGS - Picture of John LeVert Coleman at the San Francisco Earthquake of 1906, with caption, in Facing the Great Disaster: "How the Men and Women of the U.S. Geological Survey
Responded to the 1906 'San Francisco Earthquake'", p. 11.
• Daniel Coleman (b1838)
• Mary Louise Fletcher