James Oscar Fisk
James Oscar Fisk (standing), Mrs. J. O. Fisk and Curtis Allison (Taylor)
Owned a Livestock Auction House
|Born:||March 24 1897, Hazel Green, Alabama|
|Died:||March 24, 1977, Madison County, Alabama|
|Buried:||Concord Cemetery, New Market Madison County, Alabama|
The Following Pages Link to this Page:
• "Trustee, Hazel Green School, 18 years; Outstanding Service to Pork Industry Award; Began first Tel-O-Auction Hogs 1970; a founder Madison County Livestock Market. Cattlemen's Outstanding Service Award." - Record
• "He married to the former Jimmie Leona Robertson, from Elora, Tenn." - Find a Grave
• Note this article was written in 1955, and is now out of date "The Madison County Livestock Market was established in 1935 at its present location, 410 Oakwood Avenue, by J. O. Fisk and M. L. Stinnett. Mr. Fisk bought out Mr. Stinnett in 1941. In 1948 Curtis Allison, Mr. Fisk's son-in-law, came into the business with him." "The Madison County Livestock Market sells all kinds of livestock. There is an auction sale every Wednesday and private sales every day. It is the only livestock market in Madison County, and is the largest one north of Montgomery. This market is one of three in Alabama that protects its buyers up to 550,000 from bad checks. The first year this market was in business they had one small barn, approximately twenty by forty feet, two regular employees, and were grossing $150,000 per year. Today the barns cover over an acre of land, there are nine regular employees, and the gross intake is between five and six million per year." - Taylor
• "The Fisks (had) one daughter, Mrs. Wilma Jean Fisk Allison." - Taylor
• In the line that says "Has person lost arm, leg, hand, eye or is he palpably physically disqualified (specify)?" he has a "Broken Nose" listed. - Draft Registration Card
• He lists his employer as "J. B. Fisk" (probably his father) in Hazel Green on the registration card. His age at the time was 21. - Draft Registration Card
• Ancestry.com - Page owned by Chellery1 and can be viewed only with an Ancestry.com paid membership.
• ancestry.com 2 - Page owned by s4etjim and can be viewed only with an Ancestry.com paid subscription.
• Draft Registration Card - In Ancestry.com and can be viewed only with an Ancestry.com paid subscription.
• Find a Grave - Page created by Sidney Allen
• Record - A Dream Come True: The Story of Madison County and Incidentally of Alabama and the United States, Volume II, by James Record, 1978, page 671.
• Taylor - Article titled "The Madison County Livestock Market" in the Commemorative Album, Celebrating our City's Sesquicentennial of Progress, Huntsville, Alabama by James E. Taylor, General Chairman, 1955, page 243.
• James Benjamin Fisk (1861)