|Born:||October 6, 1839, Petersburgh, Lincoln County, Tennessee|
|Died:||November 2, 1917, Huntsville, Alabama|
|Buried:||Maple Hill Cemetery, Huntsville, Alabama|
The Following Pages Link to this Page:
• Son of Thomas O. and Mariah Bennett Hayes. - Maple Hill
• He was a brother to William R. Gill. - Maple Hill
• Husband of Caroline E. "Carrie" McAnelly. - Maple Hill
• In 1871, I. W. Gill and Brothers opened a new broom factory in Huntsville. - Record
• He died of pneumonia, aged 78 years. - Maple Hill
• John Vivian, beloved daughter of Carrie McAnelly and Isaac W. Gill. Sept. 14, 1934. - Maple Hill
• "Born October 6, 1839 at Petersburgh, Lincoln Co., Tenn. Entered service [Huntsville, Alabama] as a private on August 16, 1861 at Camp Jones, Virginia, in Co. F, 4th Alabama Inf. and continued until June 27, 1862 when he was wounded at Guines(?) farm, Virginia. Afterwards was transferred to Quarter Master Dept, and served until close of war." - 1907 Confederate Census
• Listed as A Grocer at 114 Washington and his home address was 502 Madison. - 1896-7 City Directory
• Grocer, beds at T. O. Gill's Boarding House (Holmes between Washington and Green). - 1859-60 City Directory
• Isaac W. Gill & Carrie E. McAnelly obtained a marriage license April 4, 1870 in Madison County, Alabama. - MCRC, Marriage
• Listed as a Grocery Merchant in this census. - 1870 US Census
• 1859-60 City Directory - Huntsville Directory, City Guide and Business Mirror. Volume 1. 1859-60, by Reprinted by The Strode Publishers, page 59.
• 1870 US Census - Viewed through an Ancestry.com paid subscription.
• 1896-7 City Directory - Huntsville City Directory 1896-97, by Huntsville Directory Company, 1896-1897, page 10.
• 1907 Confederate Census - 1907 Confederate Census: Limestone, Morgan, & Madison Counties, Alabama, by Johnson Historical Publications, 1981, page 10.
• Ancestry.com - Page owned by Julie Gage and can be viewed only with an Ancestry.com paid subscription.
• Maple Hill - Maple Hill Cemetery, Phase One, by Diane Robey, Dorothy Scott Johnson, John Rison Jones, Jr., & Frances C. Roberts (Huntsville-Madison County Historical Society), 1995, page 57.
• MCRC, Marriage - Madison County Records Center, Marriage Records Index.
• Record - A Dream Come True: The Story of Madison County and Incidentally of Alabama and the United States, Volume II, by James Record, 1978, page 20.
• Charles Alexander Gill
• George B. Gill
• James McAnelly Gill (b1880)
• Thomas Owen Gill