Person:Horatio J. Forbes
Horatio J. Forbes
|Born:||April 12, 1906, Meridian, Lauderdale, MS|
|Died:||October 30, 1980, Rome, Georgia|
• Area Superintendent, Tennessee Valley Authority, 1940-1948 (first one). - Record
• Horatio was active in the Rotary Club. He is mentioned several times in Easterling's local Rotary history book. He was president of the organization for the 1944-45 club year. - Easterlling
• When "Ratio" moved to Atlanta, Huntsville's Rotary Secretary Dwight Beeson wrote and asked the Atlanta chapter to accept Forbes as a member on the grounds of being "a grand person with an outstanding personality." - Easterlling
• Husband of Bessie Plummer (Jan. 18, 1905 in Sandersville, MS - Dec. 31, 1989 in Decatur, GA). Married Jan. 21, 1928 in Laurel, MS. - City Directory
• Engineer for Fulton Bag & Cotton Mills and later engineer for Celanese Corp. (Atlanta & Rome GA). - City Directory
• Father of Haratio J. Jr. - City Directory
• Son of Theodore James Forbes and Caroline "Carrie" Van Devender. - Trees
• City Directory - Atlanta city directory 1950 thru 1959 (all of them viewed on Ancestry.com with a paid subscription)
• Easterlling - 75 Years of Service: A History of The Huntsville Rotary Club, by Bill Easterling, 1992, pages 35, 39, 44, 45, 47.
• Record - A Dream Come True: The Story of Madison County and Incidentally of Alabama and the United States, Volume I, by James Record, 1970, Page 295.
• Trees - Submitted to OneWorldTree and viewed through Ancestry.com (paid subscription).