Built Early Mill
|Born:||c1776, Bradleyton, Alabama|
|Died:||May 1, 1839, Huntsville, Alabama|
|Buried:||Ford Cemetery, Madison County, Alabama|
The Following Pages Link to this Page:
• The Ford/Patterson Mill was built in 1820 by Hezekiah Ford on the Flint River. The area surrounding this mill is Bloucher's Ford. - Brakefield
• Taylor described the flow of the first settlers into our area. Of Hezekiah Ford he said: He "entered the land near the Junction of Mountain Fork and Barren Fork, and built a cotton factory at an early date." - Taylor & Hoole
• His first name is sometimes spelled "Ezekial". In one original document, it is spelled both ways within the document. - Editor's Note
• Married 1.) Hulda Cobb 2.) Nancy N. Vining Aug. 13, 1817, Madison County, AL. After Hexekiah Ford's death, Nancy married John Moseley on Feb. 5, 1840. Nafter Nancy's death (1844, aged 46 years), John Moselfy married Epsey Gaston Oct. 14, 1845. - Ancestry.com
• Private soldier in the American Revolution - Ancestry.com
• Documentation of service in the American Revolution: "at the battle of Bennington, also in Connecticut in repelling the attacks of Gen. Arnold after his treachery." - Ancestry.com
• Lieutenant in the French and Indian War - Ancestry.com
• Father of Cyrus Ford. - Ancestry.com
• Land Grant for 83.7 acres in Huntsville, Alabama, signed by President Andrew Jackson - Ancestry.com
• Cemetery Location: Section 32-2-1E-NE SE. Off Moores Mill Road in a small plot directly behind a new, modern ranch-style home. - Ford Cemetery
• Ancestry.com - Page owned by viningj and can be viewed only with a paid Ancestry.com subscription.
• Brakefield - An article titled "Bloucher's Ford" by Sharon Brakefield for The Heritage of Madison County, Alabama, by The Madison County Heritage Book Committee, John P. Rankin, Chairman, page 5.
• Ford Cemetery - Notes can be viewed only with a paid Ancestry.com paid subscription
• Search Notes - Page owned by Wendy Corcoran and can be viewed only with a paid Ancestry.com subscription.
• Taylor & Hoole - A History of Madison County and Incidentally of North Alabama 1732-1940, by Judge Thomas Jones Taylor, Edited with an Introduction by W. Stanley Hoole and Addie S. Hoole, 1976, page 30
• John Ford (1788)
"Ezekial Ford Land Grant for 83.7 acres in Huntsville, AL signed by President Andrew Jackson." From Ancestry.com (viningj).