Person:George Archer Ferrell
George Archer Ferrell
• "President, Optimist Club, 1964-1965; President, Tennessee Valley Sons of American Revolution, 1970-1971; 1963 Outstanding Salesman for Y.M.C.A., Membership Drive." - Record 2
• Mr. Ferrel was listed with the names associated with the first officers for the Rocket City Astronomical Association in 1955. He was committee chairman for Publicity. - Swanson
• Rankin File - John P. Rankin has, over the years, collected information about families living in Madison County, AL. He has made these files available here at Huntsville History Collection. The files include Rankin's notes, digital copies of documents, and clippings from newspapers and periodicals. He has a Farrell file and some of it might apply to George Archer Ferrell.
• Record 2 - A Dream Come True: The Story of Madison County and Incidentally of Alabama and the United States, Volume 2, by James Record, printed in 1978, page 671.
• Swanson - Article titled "The Rocket City Astronomical Association" by Conrad Swanson in Commemorative Album, Celebrating our City's Sesquicentennial of Progress, Huntsville, Alabama by James E. Taylor, General Chairman, 1955, page 73.