Person:Florence Moore Floyd
Florence Moore Floyd
|Born:||January 13, 1887, Alabama|
|Died:||November 5, 1968, Decatur, Alabama|
|Buried:||Maple Hill Cemetery, Huntsville, Alabama|
• Chief Clerk, Board of Registrars, 1949-1960. - Record Vol. 1
• In 1949, the Madison "County Board of Registrars got their first full-time clerk, Mrs. E. B. Floyd; and the city adopted its first subdivision regulations for an expected building boom." - Record, Vol. 2
• Her maiden name was Moore and she married E.B (Ernest Bell) Floyd on June 27, 1912,, in Madison County. (dates given here are for the marriage license, not necessarily for the wedding.) - MCRC
• Her husband was born Sept.3, 1886 in Huntsville, Al and died Dec. 6, 1941 in Huntsville, AL. His occupation is listed as a glazer. He was the son of John Bell Floyd and Ellen Witherington but from Tennessee. - Find A Grave
• Daughter of Patrick Henry Moore and Agatha o'Neal - Ancestry.com
• Mother of Ernest R. Floyd - Census, 1930
• Ancestry.com - Page owned by suzrus53 and can be viewed only with an Ancestry.com paid subscription.
• Census, 1930 - Reached through Ancestry.com with a paid subscription
• Find A Grave - Page maintained by FHTerry. (the information on her husband was found through a link there and his page is also maintained by FHTerry.)
• MCRC - Madison County Records Center, Marriages
• Rankin File - John P. Rankin has, over the years, collected information about families living in Madison County, AL. He has made these files available here at Huntsville History Collection. The files include Rankin's notes, photos, digital copies of documents, and clippings from newspapers and periodicals. He has a Floyd family file and some of it might apply to Florence Moore Floyd.
• Record Vol. 1 - A Dream Come True: The Story of Madison County and Incidentally of Alabama and the United States, Volume I, by James Record, 1970, page 222.
• Record, Vol. 2 - A Dream Come True: The Story of Madison County and Incidentally of Alabama and the United States, Volume II, by James Record, 1978, pages 465.