Painting by Archibald M. Willard
|Died:||August 17, 1835, Madison County, AL|
|Buried:||Bailes Cemetery (sometimes labled Bragg Cemetery),|
• "BAILES, ELDRIDGE, aged 74, and a resident of Madison county; private S. C. Continental Line; enrolled on January 24, 1833, under act of Congress of June 7, 1832, payment to date from March 4, 1831; annual allowance, $75; sums received to date of publication of list, $225. - Revolutionary Pension Roll, in Vol. xiv, Sen. Doc. 514, 23rd Cong., 1st sess., 1833-34." - Revolutionary Soldiers in Alabama
• Patriot Database says he was buried in Bailes Cemetery, Sec22T2SR2E in Hurrican Valley.
"Find a Grave" says he is buried in Bragg Cemetery, New Market. The Bailes Cemetery became known as the Bragg Cemetery. Two names for the same cemetery. - Various Sources
• Married to Sarah Burnett Bailes (died Oct. 18, 1856) according to Find a Gave. However, she might be his second wife if the RootsWeb information is correct. - Find A Grave
• Ancestry.com - File contributed for use in USGenWeb Archives by Paul R. Sarrett, Jr.
• Find A Grave - Created by Mickey Hallum and posted Feb. 12, 2010.
• Genealogy.com - Genealogical info (with questions) poasted by Louise Petttus.
• Patriot Database - Alabama's Revolutionary War Soldiers and Patriots Database on the Resources tab of the Alabama Society of the Sons of the American Revolution website.
• Revolutionary Soldiers in Alabama - Revolutionary Soldiers In Alabama by Alabama Dept. of Archives and History, © 1911, p. 8.
• Sons of the American Revolution - Tennessee Valley Chapter Alabama Society of Sons of the American Revolution. List of Revolutionary War Soldiers and Patriots Buried in Madison County, Alabama.
• SouthernCampaign.org - Southern Campaign American Revolution Pension Statements & Rosters, transcribed by Will Graves. Pension application of Eldridge Bailes includes details about his movement before and after the war.