Painting by Archibald M. Willard
|Born:||September 16, 1762, Lunenburg County, Virginia|
|Died:||September 20, 1847, Madison County, AL|
|Buried:||Probably Concord or Beville Church Cemetery|
• Revolutionary War Soldier: Private Virginia Continental Line. - Alabama Biography
• Pension Information found here (drew pension until his death). - Alabama Biography
• Married: Mary Fisk - Ancestry.com
• "He was a great lover of liberty, and often spoke of the prosperity of his country. The writer has been acquainted with him for the last 15 or 20 years. He was strictly honest and a great lover of truth, respected and esteemed by all who knew him. O. R." - The Democrat
• Mary and Edward (Sr.) emigrated from Virginia to North Carolina, about the year 1805, and from there to Madison County, AL about 1823.
• Died at the age of 88
• Son of Edward Beville (1728-1793) and Parker Pride (1728-1793) - Ancestry.com
• Alabama Biography - History of Alabama and Dictionary of Alabama Biography, Volume 3, by Thomas McAdory Owen, Marie Bankhead Owen, © 1921, pp. 141-43
• Ancestry.com - Page owned by cchamblee125 and can be viewed only with a paid Ancestry.com membership.
• Patriot Database - Alabama's Revolutionary War Soldiers and Patriots Database on the Resources tab of the Alabama Society of the Sons of the American Revolution website.
• Sons of the American Revolution - Tennessee Valley Chapter Alabama Society of Sons of the American Revolution. List of Revolutionary War Soldiers and Patriots Buried in Madison County, Alabama.
• The Democrat - The Democrat, Huntsville, Ala., Oct. 27, 1847.