Person:Dr. Richard M. Fletcher (1869)
Dr. Richard M. Fletcher (1869)
|Born:||May 24, 1869, Limestone County, Alabama|
|Died:||November 2, 1912, Jefferson County, Alabama|
|Son of:||Dr. Richard Matthew Fletcher (1830)|
|Brother of:||Octavia Fletcher Frazier|
• "Physician, Mobile, 1894; health officer, Madison County, 1895-1898; first lieutenant and quartermaster then assistant surgeon, First Alabama volunteer infantry, U. S. Army, during the Spanish-American War, 1898, assistant surgeon, U. S. Army - Owen
• Dr. Richard M. Fletcher (1830) and Dr. Richard M. Fletcher Jr. (1869) were in the same medical practice called Fletcher & Fletcher and the home residence is listed as 342 Randolph, Huntsville, Alabama for both of them. The Junior Fletcher has an added note saying he was the County Health Officer. Their business office is called "The Southern Bldg." - City Directory 1896-97
• His middle name was "Mason" so technically he was not a Jr. even though that is what shows in the Huntsville City Directory. - Ancestry.com
• Married Anna Ford about 1903. - Ancestry.com
• According to a 1910 US Census, Richard M. Fletcher lived in Birmingham Ward 8, Jefferson Co., AL with his wife Anna F., and his eighteen year old daughter Margory. There were several others living in the house all listed as Lodgers. On his death certificate, in Birmingham, AL, he was still listed as a Physician. - Ancestry.com
• Ancestry.com - Page owned by LindaHSmith1951 and can be viewed only with an Ancestry.com paid subscription.
• City Directory 1896-97 - Huntsville City Directory 1896-97, by Huntsville Directory Company, 1896-1897, page 34.
• Owen - Bio of his father included information about him. History of Alabama and Dictionary of Alabama Biography, Volume 3?By Thomas McAdory Owen, Marie Bankhead Owen, 1921, page 588.
• Rankin File - John P. Rankin has, over the years, collected information about families living in Madison County, AL. He has made these files available here at Huntsville History Collection. The files include Rankin's notes, photos, digital copies of documents, and clippings from newspapers and periodicals. He has a Fletcher file and some of it might apply to Dr. Richard M. Fletcher, 1869.
The Following Pages Link to this Page:
• Dr. Richard Matthew Fletcher (1830)
• Octavia Fletcher Frazier