Person:Charles Garrett (Garry) Betty
Charles Garrett (Garry) Betty
|Born:||March 4, 1957, Huntsville|
|Died:||January 2, 2007, Atlanta, GA|
• Attended Georgia Tech where he received a bachelor's degree in chemical engineering in 1979.
• Died January 3, 2007 at the age of 49 from complications of adrenal cortical cancer
• "In the final analysis, what really matters is people. That people have the power to be themselves, to express themselves. To be individuals." - Garry Betty
• "Betty joined EarthLink in the heyday of dial-up Internet access, competing with companies like AOL, CompuServe and Prodigy. He grew the company from a small regional, Internet service provider to one of the largest nationwide, with more than 5 million subscribers and $1.29 billion in 2005 revenue." - Forbes
• " Before joining EarthLink, he was president and CEO of Digital Communications Associates and had previously worked for IBM." - Forbes
• CNN Money - Obituary
• Daily Wireless - Photo
• Forbes - Article when Garry died
• The Garry Betty Foundation - Description of his foundation with some biographical connections to the foundation.
• Georgia Tech development office - Article about the Garry Betty Scholarship for International Studies (second half of this page)
• The Free Library by Farles - Garry Betty Speaks at Congressional Hearing On Spam.
• Sports Business Journal - Interview with Kathy Betty (Garry's wife) about becoming the managing partner of Atlanta Dream after the death of husband, Garry.