Person:Captain Dewitt Clinton Davis
Captain Dewitt Clinton Davis
|Born:||January 14, 1820, Limestone County, AL|
|Brother of:||Nicholas Davis, Jr.|
|Brother of:||Zebulon Pike Davis|
• Son of Nicholas Davis, Sr. and Martha Hargrave Davis of Virginia. - Alabama Biography
• Two of his brothers also lived in Madison County: Capt. Zeb. P. Davis, Capt. Nicholas Davis II. - Alabama Biography
• In Ancestry.com he is listed as the 12th child of 15 siblings. They are all listed as children of Martha Hargrave. There is no indication as to how many of them lived to be adults. - Ancestry.com
• "News came that the enemy was advancing; we were again drawn up in battle array, and waited impatiently two hours, but nary fight; Nich. Davis, Clint Davis, and Mr. Erskine came in from Huntsville, and took their place in our ranks as privates." - Huntsville Historical Review
• Alabama Biography - History of Alabama and Dictionary of Alabama Biography, Volume 3 by Thomas McAdory Owen, Marie Bankhead Owen, © 1921, p. 461.
• Ancestry.com - Genealogy (paid service)
• Huntsville Historical Review - Huntsville Historical Review, "Youthful Innocence Shattered: Diary of Pvt. George T. Anderson," by Rice, C.S., from Volume 18, #2, Jul-91, page 17. (Reference to Clint in the diary)
• USGWarchives - Biography of his father, Nicholas. Posted by Carolyn Golowka to USGenWeb Archives on January 8, 2006 and is copyrighted.
The Following Pages Link to this Page:
• Nicholas Davis, Jr.
• Zebulon Pike Davis