|Born:||June 6, 1912|
|Died:||June 4, 2000, Huntsville, AL|
|Buried:||Maple Hill Cemetery, Huntsville, AL|
|Residence:||610 Holmes Avenue NE||- 610 Holmes Ave. NE, Huntsville, AL 35801|
• Alvin Dreger is a founder of the Huntsville Symphony Orchestra and was active in musical circles in Huntsville for many years. - Heritage
• "In late 1954, Arthur Fraser of Montevallo met Huntsville cellist Alvin Dreger who described his musical associations with German scientists and their families. Together, they decided to start an orchestra." - HSO
• "Alvin married Patricia Houston and they still live in the Dreger home which Alvin has occupied since 1918. It is on east Holmes Avenue." This quote was written in 1998. He died in 2000. - Heritage
• "The arts in Huntsville has come a long way from the lone voice in the wilderness of Alvin Dreger and the Music Study Club. The arts in Huntsville has never faced easy times. Its success in Huntsville is due primarily to the efforts of individuals who have inspired, challenged and motivated all of us to contribute our time and devotion to this great endeavor." - VonBruanCenter
• "Patricia, played flute with the Birmingham and Huntsville symphonies, attended Interlochen National Music Camp, graduated from New England Conservatory of Music in 1964, and has taught music in Huntsville for more than 40 years. Her late husband, cellist Alvin Dreger, founded the Huntsville Symphony." - Times Daily
• Graduate of Huntsville High School ca. 1929 - HHS
• The HSO is the oldest continuously operating professional orchestra in the state of Alabama. - Wikipedia
• Heritage - The Heritage of Madison County, AL by Madison County Heritage Book Committee, submitted by Alice Dill Gardner printed in 1998, p. 163.
• HHS - Huntsville High School, 100 years of excellence, 1908 - 2008.
• HSO - Huntsville Symphony Orchestra: Website: History.
• Wikipedia - Huntsville Symphony Orchestra
• VonBruanCenter - The quote above came from a link no longer in service.
• Times Daily - The quote above came from a link no longer in service. (Patricia, Alvin's wife, is mentioned in her mother's Obituary. Her mother's name is Elizabeth S. Houston.)
The Following Pages Link to this Page:
• 610 Holmes Avenue NE