MASTIN-LOWRY-MASON HOME, Williams Avenue
About 1824 the first part of this house is thought to have been built for Capt. and Mrs. Francis T. Mastin. Its Italianate features probably date from the 1850's. Especially notable is the separate building that housed the boys in the family as they became young men and perhaps a little rowdy for quiet family living. Dr. and Mrs. Samuel Lowry and their family lived there more than fifty years before Mr. and Mrs. James R. Mason bought the house in 1945. Sketched by Leon Trice Hinds, 1978.
|Item:||1 of 20|
|File:||receipts-310_williams_avenue_se-leon trice hinds-1.jpg|
|By:||Leon Trice Hinds|
|Rights:||Reproduced from "Twickenham Receipts and Sketches" published by the Twickenham Historic Preservation District Association, Inc., 1978, with the permission of THPDA and the artist.|